Four institutions with a related history provided secondary and higher education to young women in Nashville, TN from 1865 to the present. W.E. Ward’s Seminary for Young Ladies operated from 1865-1913, and published its yearbook The Iris from 1900-1913. Belmont College for Young Women operated from 1890-1913, and published its yearbooks Aitrop in 1904 and Milady in Brown from 1905-1913. They merged to created the Ward-Belmont School, which operated from 1913-1951 and published its yearbook Milestones from 1914-1951. The school reorganized as The Harpeth Hall School, an all-girls college preparatory high school. Harpeth Hall established a new campus in 1951 and continued publishing its yearbook Milestones from 1951-present. A middle school was added in 1968. Amy Grant was Lady of the Hall in the graduating class of 1978.
Publisher Harpeth Hall School
Digitizing sponsor LYRASIS Members and Sloan Foundation
Book contributor Harpeth Hall School
Collection harpethhall; americana
Notes No table of contents.